This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: Re: 6 MB upload cap increased to 20 MB  (Read 5641 times)

Offline Not a Number

• Advanced Member
  • If I was "normal", I wouldn't be left-handed.
    • View Profile
    • NaN - Not a Number
Re: 6 MB upload cap increased to 20 MB
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2009, 11:56:35 pm »
Ouch, NaN. Bet that wasn't fun.
Well, it was back in 2006/2007 that it happened, and it was only 30MB of stuff that I still have on my PC.

I've had worse though: my site used to be on my old college webspace and they went and blocked it. D: But now I've got a 320GB external drive and a better webspace (sure it suffers from the odd downtime, but what doesn't? :P)

Offline DJ_Omnimaga

• The Game.
  • Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Omnimaga: The Coders of Tomorrow
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: MTV Music Generator (A.K.A Music 2000)
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2009, 12:35:20 am »
Was ripway also the file hosting to host php scripts? I remember you could test stuff there, but I,m unsure anymore.

I have been thinking several times while I increased the forum cap to increase it to 100 MB for a specific group of members, like those with 500+ posts, but I was worried the diskspace would still fill up quickly and the user would still be limited to 128 kbps bitrate for the actual mix. Actually, I might be able to upload a mod that limits the amount of diskspace for each members, though, but I'm unsure if it would work, plus it would suck since some members alerady uploaded so many songs. 120 GB may be a lot but at 1 GB per person it would fill up pretty quickly if people uploaded an incredible amount of mixes lol :D.
Omnimaga/TIMGUL founder and former TI-83+/84+ BASIC/Hybrid/Axe programmer

http://i-lost-the-ga.me

JCW

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2009, 12:37:04 am »
Omni, do you plan to move mine and Caspers, Quade/Pillages and your mixes into the new Mix Forum? I'd like to see those sorted, there's only a few mixes so it won't be too hard to track them down.

Offline DJ_Omnimaga

• The Game.
  • Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2009, 12:43:38 am »
I'm planning to do this soon, as well as with the TIMGUL Rave mixes. I'll probably move most of what only includes Music Generator/2000/3000 songs there

Offline DJ_Omnimaga

• The Game.
  • Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2009, 12:50:43 am »
Nah there's no way to increase it just for specific sub-forums. I could disallow larger uploads for other stuff but people would still upload bigger files anyway I'm sure. The only current work around is that I manually upload the mixes directly on the server and edit people posts with the new link then move them to the DJ mixes section

Offline 147 crew

• View Profile
    • http://uk.youtube.com/majixherb
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2009, 01:00:05 am »
New cap is great, lots more freedom..

Also would love to see the mixes in the mix section, still got a couple to blast! Lovin'

Offline DJ_Omnimaga

• The Game.
  • Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2009, 01:52:23 am »
Hmmm, i bet that takes time though.
uploading the file takes a while, altough since I upload it directly into the server I can alerady know the URL in advance since it won't be a sort of serial code like Youtube, so I can edit the post while it's uploading then click sumbit. The link will give an error but when the file will have finished uploading it will start working by itself

JCW

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2009, 11:58:08 am »
He means he can post a link in a topic before the file is uploaded so he can go off and do whatever and the topic will be ready for people to see and availible for download when the song has uploaded.

Offline Season 8

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2009, 01:59:57 pm »
I was going to try mixing a few tunes on Ableton, but that program is one tough nut to crack!

Offline DJ_Omnimaga

• The Game.
  • Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2009, 06:12:27 pm »
I still haven't gotten the hang out of it, altough I'm going to still continue trying for a while, plus Quade mentionned his mix was done in it, meaning even more possibilities.

I'm still wanting to try what I wanted to try for a while with Music 2002, though, because I might have found a way to be able to use a joypad instead of keyboard, so if I am able to setup the keys to be as close as possible as the keys for Music 2000 PS1 on emulator this might make it easier for me to use.

Offline Symphony

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My MySpace site
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2009, 11:46:28 pm »
Finally I get around the site again.  :)
Had some busy last weeks with lots of exams and the so called "Facharbeit"...hell lot of work, glad it's all done and now I have an entire week to chill and be a lazy bone.  ;D

Just wanted to say thanks to you Omnimaga for the increased upload cap.  :) As many of my songs exceeded the old limit (and I didn't want to use a file-sharing site as the links just die after some time x.x), I'm very glad to be able to upload some more of my tunes in the future!

Best regards,

Symphony ~
"It seems like life is only a love affair; we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And we see us broken and we see us burn, cause life is not a token that you just put up.

It seems like life is only a love affair, we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And this play is yet chosen, it is love to no concern, cause life is not a token that you just put up."

Symphony ~

JCW

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2009, 11:56:05 pm »
Welcome back.

Offline DJ_Omnimaga

• The Game.
  • Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2009, 04:11:11 am »
Welcome back :)

Offline Symphony

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My MySpace site
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2009, 12:02:54 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome mates.   :D
"It seems like life is only a love affair; we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And we see us broken and we see us burn, cause life is not a token that you just put up.

It seems like life is only a love affair, we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And this play is yet chosen, it is love to no concern, cause life is not a token that you just put up."

Symphony ~

JCW

« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2009, 02:18:14 pm »
No problem ;D

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games