This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: Record Deal?  (Read 462 times)

Offline .:DJ Droppin:.

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
Record Deal?
« on: February 23, 2010, 02:50:36 am »
Okay let me explain. Without getting too terribly far ahead of myself I added DJ Billy E to Facebook. For those who do not know DJ Billy E is afounding Father of bass music and responsible for 90 CD/titles and or work on other artists CDs. If anyone has watched the show on MTV "Pimp My Ride" if you remember the episode with the HUGE Subwoofer MTX JackHammer and the song the played? That was DJ Billy E - Beats 4 My Van.

So anyhow I added him then sent him a message telling him I created my own bass music, that I owned most of his work, and that he inspired me quite a bit. I sent him my newest song and 5 minutes later he messages me back with this....

Billy E Okon    February 22 at 3:45pm
hey how about you putting a bass cd out with us @ Bass Mekanik ?
Yep. Flat out asking me to be on their label. LEGIT... The most legendary bass music artists ever. He will be listening to a few of my tracks tomorrow AM, then give me a heads up on what he's feeling in terms of my music, and hopefully info about the label, etc.....

Needless to say this is all very exciting. I'm trying to be cool, calm, and level headed about this not to jump to conclusions or raise expectations, but I would be a fool if I said this wasn't a dream for me.

I'll let you all know what's up. I will say that if it wasn't for MTV MUSIC GENERATOR/MUSIC 2000 this wouldn't be possible. Also if it weren't for TIMGUL and all of the encouraging comments that perhaps my music would not have excelled to this point, so thanks to everyone.

Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

Offline V Sinizter: MG Tyrant

• Members
  • The Tyrant of Tyrants
    • View Profile
    • V Sinizter Kingdom
Re: Record Deal?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 09:56:05 pm »
Congrats on your deal. Hope it works out for you homie.
"I'll remember those when I reach the top, cause there were only a few struggling with me at the bottom."

Offline Fear 2 Stop®

• The Grapes of Wrath make TERRIBLE juice
    • View Profile
    • Fear 2 Stop
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: Music Generator 2
Re: Record Deal?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 05:31:07 am »
Awesome news...hopefully one day it will work out for us in F2S also.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games