This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: Suggestion for the lack of getting any comments on your songs dillemma....  (Read 605 times)

Offline Master Dutch

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • http://soundclick.com/thegreendutch
We should make it so if you post a track up. You have to add a comment to someone elses song and post the link or specify the song you commented on in your new tracks thread. This way everyone gets a comment or crit.

This has worked well in another forum I moderate. Maybe we could give it a try. It doesn't hurt to have to comment on a song 1st before you post your track up. This is a very fair solution I think.

Offline Casper AudioGhost

• this is me and connie at a video game convention
    • View Profile
    • my net label
Re: Suggestion for the lack of getting any comments on your songs dillemma....
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 09:12:56 pm »
sounds great to me dutch   casper

Offline Casper AudioGhost

• this is me and connie at a video game convention
    • View Profile
    • my net label
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 04:35:00 am »
everyone wants feedback on their tunes or we wouldn't even bother posting-the people on this forum when i first joined genuinely cared for one another and wanted to make each other happy-there was wonder and excitement every day seeing what new tracks were posted and who hit yer own tracks and the encouragement that was given-somewhere we lost that heart that made this a home instead of a forum.that made this more than a reverb nation or a gimmie sound-it was a place where a novice felt as important as a pro because we had an audience that we knew really cared-we can have that back if we just take a risk and let ourselves care again-and the one thing i know i can do is let people know i'm listening and that i appreciate their gift of music for what it is-a gift from their heart                                 casper

Offline J-MACHine

• Advanced Member
  • Mr. Synth 'n Beat
    • View Profile
    • Random Lunacy
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: Music 2000
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 09:02:49 am »
It's a damned fine idea, even if the point raised by Blonde Justice is a fair one. But to be honest, i doubt that would be the case. If there are people in this forum that still enjoy listening to one another's music (and i know for a fact there are), then it should take off and hopefully increase the activity around here, and, maybe, even the drive to post more music.

I do need to say though; I hardly comment these days purely because i am busy a lot of the time, with 6th form coursework, or, alternativly, working on music for a couple of games being developed (Don't get too excited; it's fangames and homebrew stuff), which eats up a lot of my time. Plus, given just how much i've missed in the number of times i've been inactive, i've got a lot of catching up to do. I just need to donate a day or two to doing it. Thankfully, this week is my last week before the winter break, so i'll have a little time to do so come next week.
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

Offline Master Dutch

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • http://soundclick.com/thegreendutch
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 03:54:59 pm »
Well what you'd do is. Make a sticky of the rules of posting in all the music showcase. (Above each genre, they get a sticky) State that you must comment on a song before posting yours. This keeps it fair. Reduces the amount of clutter and need to bump also.

I think everyone here who uses the program or not still has interests in what others can create. Just a thought.

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games