This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: Revolution: In SPACE  (Read 1132 times)

Offline J-MACHine

• Advanced Member
  • Mr. Synth 'n Beat
    • View Profile
    • Random Lunacy
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: Music 2000
Revolution: In SPACE
« on: August 21, 2009, 01:21:27 am »
Another old track that's been beefed up slightly. Mostly mucked around with the beat, fixed a few things here and there, and cut down the length. If you can believe it.

I originally counted this as electronica with rock elements, but i decided it was better the other way around. I'd say it could be passed off as "prog rock", but i think the guitars are a might to heavy for it. Unsuprisingly, the song was somewhat inspired by space, and is indeed being used in a space-themed level in something i'm working on.

I don't very often work with Guitars on M2K. Because it's a pain to get them right. But when i do occasionally work with them, i won't lie and say i do hundreads of different riffs or anything. I try to create basic patterns that will loop without driving you TOO mad.

And yes, there are two sections in there where i attempted drum-solo's. I have no idea weather or not they're appealing to anyone else, but they're far better then the completely random and otherwise terrible solo's i created originally.

Enjoy!

Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

Offline DJ Ryznup

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution: In SPACE
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 01:51:57 am »
I'm a big fan of spacey sounding music, so I had to check this out.

Nice pads, and beats in this one. I do feel that the guitar loop that comes in at 2:01  is a bit heavy as you say, but still adds nicely to the track, I would just suggest lowering the voume on that loop some. But overall, a great track to relax too.

Great work

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryznup

"Limits may hinder us, but they also bring out our creativity."

Offline Not a Number

• Advanced Member
  • If I was "normal", I wouldn't be left-handed.
    • View Profile
    • NaN - Not a Number
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 03:10:50 pm »
Well, what can I say;l that was, in short, awesome.

And would you believe it, one WIP song of mine starts with the exact same sample... I should really finish it whilst August is still here..

Offline J-MACHine

• Advanced Member
  • Mr. Synth 'n Beat
    • View Profile
    • Random Lunacy
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 09:20:34 pm »
@ DJ Ryznup- Unfortunetly, this is one of many songs i deleted pretty much stragith after recording, if i remember right, so i can't edit it any further. As for why i deleted it, i'm painfully low on memory card space, and given the large ammount of music i need to compose, i usually have to delete reshly recored songs immedietly afterwards. And i did notice the begining of that riff is a tad... screechy. All i can say to that is "whoops, my fuckup". I'm more then happy you enjoyed it regardless!

@ Not a Number- Awesome? I'd say that was a bit of a stretch, Hahaha! Thanks, though. I apritiate it!
Yeah, i tend to use the Vinyl scratches a fair bit myself. i try and make my use of them more 'discreate' then i used to, though.

Offline Fear 2 Stop®

• The Grapes of Wrath make TERRIBLE juice
    • View Profile
    • Fear 2 Stop
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: Music Generator 2
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 02:20:53 am »
Will check this out as soon as I get home from work...sounds interesting.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

Offline J-MACHine

• Advanced Member
  • Mr. Synth 'n Beat
    • View Profile
    • Random Lunacy
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 02:37:45 am »
Hopefully it was as interesting as you'd expected, Fear 2 Stop.

Offline .:DJ Droppin:.

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 04:42:45 am »
I like the beginning drums, and melody... Guitar slowly bleeding in at :45

Real chilled so far.
Up to 2:02.... Oh nice guitar solo/riff....

Nice drum fill at 3:00
3:01 back to original melody/beat.

Nice job.
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games