This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.
All topics with missing song links are marked as "locked" to make it easier to find working download and streaming links.

You might still be able to find missing songs on Youtube, Soundcloud or other music websites if you search by artist name and song title.

Author Topic: Not a Number: Pheonix (TIMGUL Hypermix Edit)  (Read 686 times)

Offline Not a Number

• Advanced Member
  • If I was "normal", I wouldn't be left-handed.
    • View Profile
    • NaN - Not a Number
Not a Number: Pheonix (TIMGUL Hypermix Edit)
« on: August 30, 2009, 06:24:17 pm »
Song name: Pheonix [TIMGUL Hypermix Edit]
File type: mp3 (MegaUpload) / YouTube
Length: 11:43
Software used: Music 2000 (PS1)
Description:
I don't want to sound... pretentious, but this could possibly be my heaviest/darkest/greatest_ever song created to date.. hard to think I only put a total of 8-10 hours into making it, huh? :P
This song carries a lot of inspiration from a few power/progressive metal songs.. Originally I was going to make this song a minute or so longer, but I was going to be adding this into DISC 02 of TIMGUL Hypermix 2009, and there was only 11:52 of the Mix left before it would be over 80 minutes (and I'd rather the Mix be able to fit onto just 1 CD)

Unfortunately, because the song is 26.8 MB in size, I'm unable to attach it to this post, which is why I've uploaded it to MegaUpload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HE87SJXT

In case you're wondering, this entire song is in the key of Cm.. ..most of my songs have been in that lately and I don't know why. :P

Movements:
I. Burn (00:00 - 01:45 [1:45])
II. Re-Ignite (01:45 - 10:07 [8:23])
III. Fly Away (10:07 - 11:43 [1:35])

-edit-
Uploaded onto YouTube:

« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 07:22:07 pm by Not a Number »

Offline DJ Ryznup

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Not a Number: Pheonix (TIMGUL Hypermix Edit)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 05:43:30 am »
Really like 'Burn', Nice piano solo, great melodies. Kinda has a dark and sad vibe too it, yet its relaxing at the same time. It made for a great Intro.

'Re-Ignite' has a nice beat and same great melodies from 'Burn', only sythesized this time accompanied by a heavy dark pad arrangement. Cool changeup at 07:40.

'Fly Away' had nice strings, though I thought they sounded a tad bit too loud in conparison with the rest of the song. But never the less, it was a good ending to the mix. This whole track sounds like it could have came off a cool game soundtrack from the Genesis and SNES era.

Great work.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryznup

"Limits may hinder us, but they also bring out our creativity."

Offline Not a Number

• Advanced Member
  • If I was "normal", I wouldn't be left-handed.
    • View Profile
    • NaN - Not a Number
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 08:26:36 pm »
I know Fly Away is a little loud and I do agree that it could do with a little more work to it.
(the last-ish note was a slight error: I think it should've been just B, not Bb.)
That said, I do plan on re-working this track, just to fix the minor bugs (the odd note, the transition between Burn and Re-Ignite) and add to a few sections - yes, even at 11:43, it's not long enough. :P (I originally had to cut it down from, at a guess, 12:20 to 11:43 because it wouldn't fit on TIMGUL Hypermix 2009 Disc 02 otherwise.
From what I've planned for this, the "full" version could be around 13:30+.

But thanks for the comments so far. :)

Offline .:DJ Droppin:.

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 04:49:04 pm »
As others have mentioned the intro on 'Burn' is a great start.
*Listens further*
Lots of emotion created here.... A real sense of "feel"
Nice piano work.

1:52 transition
Nice building synth, uptempo percussion and beat. It's ascending to something alright.
2:27 new melody.
Really progressing along nicely.... 4:44 change of octave/melody.
6:36 that dark feel has re-emerged into my mind......

9:43 melody kicks back in. 10:07 breakdown.... Dark sound again. Nice.
10:34 AMAZING strings have arrived. NICE touch here....

That was great. A rather colossal experience.
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games