This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: Windows 7 issues with MTVMG  (Read 339 times)

Offline mrbungle_

• Members
    • View Profile
Windows 7 issues with MTVMG
« on: January 27, 2011, 10:42:34 am »
Hi guys!

I'm new here.

I'm a PSX Music 2000 user since the release of the game, but now i'm working with the MTV Music Generator application for PC. I'm always using the old machine of my parent using XP and it works properly, but now the pc it was broken and he replace with another W7 machine, as my laptop got.

So, the problem is that game is working properly in W7 (better with W2000 compatibilty enabled) except when you want to Load a song (no error saving, just loading). I've tested almost everything:

- Compatibility modes: Same problem.
- Virtual PC, Audiobox and VMWare to virtualize an XP machine: The problem here is that when the application launch it's getting an error. Maybe it's a problem with the memory.
- Create a new XP Partition: It was so dificult because of the W7 boot fix and also with the SATA drivers, but when it's installed it's also not working because of the Video drivers are not available there...

Is there somebody having the same problems? Even better if somebody know how to fix!!! hehe

Regards

Offline Koolassjoe

• Advanced Member
  • Expression > Expectation
    • View Profile
    • www.soundclick.com/koolassjoe
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: MTVMG1 for PS1
Re: Windows 7 issues with MTVMG
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 09:56:42 pm »
I just found a copy but i still have Vista and it couldn't rock on that either. Same issues. I would think someone here has Music 2000 pc running in perfect conditions (with its flaws intact). Help would be appreciated. A system rundown & general PC issues post is greatly needed guys.

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games