This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 860 times)

Offline Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

• Advanced Member
  • Epicore!
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: MUSIC 2000 - PS
Hello
« on: November 28, 2008, 08:57:45 pm »
Hello all, I'm Knowlesy. Like alot of you who probably got Music 2000 when it first came out, we never stopped creating on it. I get alot of jokes made at my expense because I still play it on the Playstation. I've got about 4 or 5 memory cards worth of material, most songs deleted or chopped and mashed together over the years, am having trouble recording them. I've bought the Y adaptor and everything hooked up and in its place but when I play back in audacity, although I can kinda hear the music its still noise if you get what I mean, if anyone has suggestions please let me know. Anyhoo, nice to meet ya.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 08:59:30 pm by Knowlesy00 »

Offline stonecold

• View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 04:00:54 pm »
Hi Knowlesy, nice to meet ya. Im new myself here but from what iv seen and heared it is a very friendly place.
Ignore anybody who takes the mick out of users of m2000. Its not wot it is... its how u use it.

There are many ways of getting your music from playstation-pc. If you are using a Y adaptor i presume you are recording to pc via line in.Quality is dependent on soundcard/cables and the playstation/music software itself has slight underlying hiss.If you have a good soundcrd,get yourself the best quality cable/Y piece you can afford,shielded is best too as this stops interferance. Check your 'IN' levels. If the gain on your soundcrd is too high you will get clipping. Audicity has level ref so turn down if goin into the red.
You could get urself a usb/firewire external soundcard with all the softaware bundled with it to record almost any audio scource at very high quality. Prices vary from £50-£500. Or a basic usb dongle with line in.

To get my tunes into .wav quickly i just plug my ps into a boss br recorder and then export the file to my pc.

Hope to hear your stuff soon!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 04:07:11 pm by stonecold »
I'd rather be a nobody, than a somebody who 'nearly' made it.
http://uk.youtube.com/user/wdivi

Offline Tech87

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/tech8seven
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 12:49:19 pm »
 :) Heya!

Welcome to our mental home of musicians  ;D

Greetings from Germany

Andreas

JCW

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 03:48:38 pm »
Welcome to TIMGUL. :)

Offline DJ_Omnimaga

• The Game.
  • Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Omnimaga: The Coders of Tomorrow
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: MTV Music Generator (A.K.A Music 2000)
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 05:10:02 am »
Heya, welcome here :). Sorry for late reply
Omnimaga/TIMGUL founder and former TI-83+/84+ BASIC/Hybrid/Axe programmer

http://i-lost-the-ga.me

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games