This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: the exploitation of cheap technology  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Casper AudioGhost

• this is me and connie at a video game convention
    • View Profile
    • my net label
the exploitation of cheap technology
« on: May 30, 2008, 03:07:31 am »
i really thought i was one of the only people who had mastered the art of composing with mmg.i am so happy i found this site!i have so much music that i have composed on mmg,over 100 tracks in fact that i have converted to mp3 on my hard drive.i wish i still had all the recordings i made to cassette back in the day,about 2001-2002.i hope to chat with others who can relate to the journey i have been on,and who share my personal philosphy of the exploitation of cheap and seemingly obsolete technology such as old casio keybords and of course mmg.thanx a million:)                        casper

www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost

Offline zapphnath

• Members
  • BANNED
    • View Profile
Re: the exploitation of cheap technology
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 03:19:23 am »
I know what you mean.  I was so surprised to see that a site like this actually exists.  More surprised to see how active it is, even after all of the years that have passed since the Generator was released.

Offline DJ_Omnimaga

• The Game.
  • Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Omnimaga: The Coders of Tomorrow
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: MTV Music Generator (A.K.A Music 2000)
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 06:48:24 am »
I am glad you like this site, nice to see you around. I like your stuff btw, altough I only listened to the tracks you posted here so far.

I myself are amazed that many people still do MTVMG stuff, considering the last MTVMG software was very bad and dates back 4 years ago and the last good one (Music 3000) dates back in early 2003
Omnimaga/TIMGUL founder and former TI-83+/84+ BASIC/Hybrid/Axe programmer

http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Offline Casper AudioGhost

• this is me and connie at a video game convention
    • View Profile
    • my net label
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 07:09:19 pm »
i know the sound quality on a lot of my stuff s not great but for me that is a non issue.i am very poor on disability so free expression with mmg1 is all i really have to keep me sane.i know i have some talent,maybe not as much as you guys but it is there i just want to write interesting music and inspire others.i am not looking to get signed,it would be nice but who am i kidding?i would love to work in a recording studio or something but for now i'll just do my thing.props and much respect to all.

Offline DJ_Omnimaga

• The Game.
  • Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Omnimaga: The Coders of Tomorrow
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: MTV Music Generator (A.K.A Music 2000)
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 11:43:18 pm »
Kinda same here. I love how easy it is to express myself with MTVMG. When I get an idea that needs to get out I can almost make it right now. I am not planning to get signed either, altough maybe eventuallY i might try selling some of my tracks on iTunes or something. Just not publishing them at a label, even if I know some artist got MTVMG stuff signed before

As for bad sound quality, for the recent tracks that you just recorded you could always upload a lower quality on the site if the song is above 6 minutes, and add a savefile.com link as well linking to a 128k or higher mp3 file.
Omnimaga/TIMGUL founder and former TI-83+/84+ BASIC/Hybrid/Axe programmer

http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Offline Not a Number

• Advanced Member
  • If I was "normal", I wouldn't be left-handed.
    • View Profile
    • NaN - Not a Number
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 10:41:36 am »
I'm actually planning on burning and shipping my music myself; I'm not planning on getting signed either, mostly because I think the quality of my songs aren't "signable" yet.

Although I still use MTVMG/M2K, I am looking for similar music softwares, as I have to use M2K on my PSX emulator, and because my PC isn't particularly "high-spec", I get a lot of skipping; upping the program's priority just makes it worse D:

Offline zapphnath

• Members
  • BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 05:31:45 pm »
I had dreams of making it in the music biz, myself, when I was younger.  Of course, the time for that has long since passed me by.  When I was at the right age to get into it (the 80's), I didn't fit the physical profile of the people who were being signed - I wasn't a 90 pound anorexic kid with big hair and didn't wear make-up.  Who wants to see some fat guy singing on stage?  I mean, sure, you've got Meatloaf and that guy from Blues Traveler and... and... um... I guess that's about it.  Nirvana changed the way people look at rock musicians, sure, but they came along a little too late for me.
Creating music with the Generator was always more of an outlet for my creativity than a way to become famous, or anything.  I wouldn't trade my experiences with it for the world.

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games