This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: [DEMO 10/18] Not a Number: (Release) The Animal Inside [Progressive Metal]  (Read 306 times)

Offline Not a Number

• Advanced Member
  • If I was "normal", I wouldn't be left-handed.
    • View Profile
    • NaN - Not a Number
Song name: (Release) The Animal Inside
File type: mp3 (SoundCloud)
Length: 9:50 (as of 2010-10-18)
Software used: Logic Pro 8/9
Description:

Probably one of my most unconventional songs in progress. At least Clockwork was consistant in its time-signature, as odd-time as it is.

This one goes between 6/8, to 5/8, to 11/8, to 4/4, to 21/8, ending in a simply-why-the-hell-not 23/8. But it is mainly in 6/8, so at least there is some sense of consistency. :P

Even though this is Progressive Metal (I mean, you can practically smell the Dream Theater inspiration), there is an element of Trance in there as well, what with the synth patch.

There's a few bugs I'll be ironing out for the final version, as well as adding vocals (which I won't put through an autotune like I did with Clockwork and Our Special Place)

Oh, you want a link? ta daaa

Offline Fear 2 Stop®

• The Grapes of Wrath make TERRIBLE juice
    • View Profile
    • Fear 2 Stop
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: Music Generator 2
Cool intro! Dahhh....dahhh...dahhh...I almost wanted to do Beavis and start going "Breakin' the Law! Breakin' the Law" lol ....tight ass bassline, too.

Looking forward to hearing more work done....keep us posted!
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

Offline Koolassjoe

• Advanced Member
  • Expression > Expectation
    • View Profile
    • www.soundclick.com/koolassjoe
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: MTVMG1 for PS1
Fire... Fire... need teepee for my bunghole!!!

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games