This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: Is there a way to extract the sample library from the MTVMG CD?  (Read 550 times)

Offline seclucious

• Members
    • View Profile
If anyone knows how to do this I would much appreciate a step by step on how to do this.

I own both versions of the MTVMG (The Playstation disk and the PC CD ROM) and have composed lots of songs using it.  I just got a Mac and would like to start moving some of my old work on to Logic using the same sounds.   Is there a way to extract the samples in WAV form from the actual CD so that I can use them in other sequencers?  

I started to just make riffs with one sample, then save it as a WAV and edit it, But that is going to be quite tedious to do for all the samples I need.

When I open the CD there is a data1.cab file that I am guessing contains all the samples but I have not been able to open this compressed folder.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.  My apologies if this has been posted and explained already.  I did a search but couldn't find anything.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 11:49:53 pm by seclucious »

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games