This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: Swampfoot: Sincil Drain (alphaSYMBOLIC edit)  (Read 483 times)

Offline Not a Number

• Advanced Member
  • If I was "normal", I wouldn't be left-handed.
    • View Profile
    • NaN - Not a Number
Swampfoot: Sincil Drain (alphaSYMBOLIC edit)
« on: November 11, 2009, 07:40:16 pm »
Behold the first track under alphaSYMBOLIC!

Song name: Sincil Drain (alphaSYMBOLIC edit)
File type: mp3 (attached)
Length: 2:16
Software used: Logic Pro 8
Description:
Story goes as this:
Couple weeks or so ago at college we were given the raw Project file for a hip-hop track produced at college. Our task was simple: To cut down the song from 4:37 to as close to 2:00 as possible, as well as make it radio friendly - take out any swearing/other inapproriate language.
This was my result.
Bit of an interpretation on this one: The chorus you hear in this version is actually the Pre-chorus in the original (the chorus in the original is the bridge/third_verse in this version)
One minor thing that I'm really proud of in this song is at 1:14 - the line you hear, I had changed to "In the place with the rogues / with their nose full of.. pain"; the original line was "In the place with the rogues / with their nose full of cocaine" (though personally, I keep hearing "propane" in place of "cocaine"...)

Also, for those not in the know, "alphaSYMBOLIC" is just another name I use, simply to keep any track I wish to keep seperate from "Not a Number", ...seperate. :P
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 07:44:54 pm by Not a Number »

Offline Master Dutch

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • http://soundclick.com/thegreendutch
Re: Swampfoot: Sincil Drain (alphaSYMBOLIC edit)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 04:53:19 pm »
damn...flawless edit man. Sounds real pro.

Offline Fear 2 Stop®

• The Grapes of Wrath make TERRIBLE juice
    • View Profile
    • Fear 2 Stop
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: Music Generator 2
Re: Swampfoot: Sincil Drain (alphaSYMBOLIC edit)
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 07:58:01 am »
Downloading now!
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games