This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: Surely not that much crashing...  (Read 980 times)

Offline TPT

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://tpt.webeden.co.uk/
Surely not that much crashing...
« on: July 19, 2009, 12:57:02 pm »
From what i gather, everyone has experienced Music 3000 crashing a lot. I've been using it on my ps2 for a few months, made quite a few tunes and its only ever crashed once. Is there another version of m3k that is the crashmonster, like a pc version or something, or have i just been really lucky?

JCW

Re: Surely not that much crashing...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 01:06:20 pm »
In my experiences, I used Music 3000 from 2004/5 until 2008 and it only ever crashed on me about five times in that period, usually when I was 'rushing' around trying to copy, paste, select things, sometimes hitting the wrong key in the cycle menu and things like that. When I was just taking it at an easy pace it was 100% fine. Other than that sometimes it froze on loading a song.

Music 2000 for PC is highly unstable, there is no Music 3000 for PC as far as I know of other than an PS2 emulation.

Offline Sacred Virgo

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 01:10:34 pm »
let's see, it usually crashes when you...
- overwrite a file when saving. the file gets corrupted very often, unless you change the file name
- try to customize the panning or the sample volume.  if you use pre-made settings it usually doesn't crash
- load a sample from the sample library when you have already loaded lots of samples

Offline TPT

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://tpt.webeden.co.uk/
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 10:55:50 am »
Cheers for the info. Seems to be part luck and part co-incidence that it hasn't crashed for me so often.

But ever since I heard about the crashing, I've backed up near enough after every riff change :)

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games