This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.
All topics with missing song links are marked as "locked" to make it easier to find working download and streaming links.

You might still be able to find missing songs on Youtube, Soundcloud or other music websites if you search by artist name and song title.

Author Topic: Timgul Anthem (Demo)  (Read 1344 times)

Offline DJ_Omnimaga

• The Game.
  • Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Omnimaga: The Coders of Tomorrow
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: MTV Music Generator (A.K.A Music 2000)
Timgul Anthem (Demo)
« on: November 10, 2007, 08:12:01 am »
Ok here is the lastest tune I am working on in Music 2000. It's a freeform hardcore song like those you can hear on most recent albums of the Bonkers, Helter & Skelter Hardcore Adrenaline  and Slammin Vinyl Hardcore Heaven series.

For this song I used the technique explained in this tutorial to make my hardsynths/bass stereo, this way they sounds even more harder and much more professional than when just adding reverb over the notes. This is the first time I use this technique in one of my songs. I had to move riffs around a lot though because it required a lot more sound channels, but yes, I managed to cram this in 24 channels :D

It is much more aggressive than my previous stuff (with the exception of Speedcore Evil Massacre obviously) and it isn't finished yet, but you can hear what I got so far:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 03:11:29 pm by DJ Omnimaga »

Omnimaga/TIMGUL founder and former TI-83+/84+ BASIC/Hybrid/Axe programmer

http://i-lost-the-ga.me

pillagemyvillage

Timgul Anthem (Demo)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 09:26:33 pm »
oh i love this track! really really cool! what do you use for bass and melody? im intrigued!

Offline DJ_Omnimaga

• The Game.
  • Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • View Profile
Timgul Anthem (Demo)
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 09:59:40 pm »
i think i had a video uploaded somewhere that showed them, but idk where anymore. I will check through my FTP folders.

Btw this version wasn't finished tho, it's the one that was used in the Timgul advert, but in the full version it doesn't have the piano premade riff anymore

pillagemyvillage

Timgul Anthem (Demo)
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 10:04:50 pm »
yeah i was expecting the piano! i guess the advert needed the piano because it is a sound that is very familiar to mtvmg users...
but without the piano is just as good because i like most tunes without alot of premade riffs... (although im guilty of using them sometimes!).
i loved the advert, i love this tune... banging!

Offline DJ_Omnimaga

• The Game.
  • Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • View Profile
Timgul Anthem (Demo)
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 10:08:14 pm »

I used the premade riff (altough modified) so it's recognizable from MTVMG then went with an hard melody to show that MTVMG wasn't just capable of doing hip hop or house

EDIT:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 10:09:35 pm by DJ Omnimaga »

pillagemyvillage

Timgul Anthem (Demo)
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 10:13:39 pm »
lol hip hop! i dont like much hip hop... i wonder if there are many hip hop creaters on mtvmg? i forget just what you can make on mtvmg... pretty much all genres i guess..!

Offline DJ_Omnimaga

• The Game.
  • Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • View Profile
Timgul Anthem (Demo)
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 10:21:37 pm »
on youtube before you and me came in it seemed like 90% of the mtvmg songs I found were hip hop. On myspace it's still the same thing, and if you google MTVMG and find tunes it will most likely be hip hop

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games