This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: Knowlesy00 ~ The Evil That Men Do  (Read 224 times)

Offline Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

• Advanced Member
  • Epicore!
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: MUSIC 2000 - PS
Knowlesy00 ~ The Evil That Men Do
« on: June 06, 2011, 04:31:07 pm »
Not gonna lie I thought about how I could come on an say " was taking a little break " but the truth was I tried n tried to write something last week but it was either crap or I was like "oh thats quite it could probably be improved" but I ended up scrapping alot of stuff.
Knowing that I was up against the dreaded writers block. I spent the weekend , as long as I could listening to music.
Last night I turned music back on and picked up the guitar and this is what came out.

The Evil That Men Do
Hello Zepp (Saw Theme) [Charlie Clouser]
The Catalyst (Demo) [Linkin Park]

---------------------------------------------

Wrote " Manacles " whilst having my dinner. It struck me that though I describe some tracks as " Two Steps from Hell-like " I haven't tried my hand at writing Movie Trailer music...so this is what it is...its there if you want a listen.

CIAO!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:50:39 pm by Қлөщłєşү[¤¤] »

Offline ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

• Advanced Member
  • "This is Life, This is Death, This is HORRORCORE"
    • View Profile
    • www.soundclick.com
Re: Knowlesy00 ~ The Evil That Men Do
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 10:13:56 pm »
damn bro, these tracks are beast.  i really luv "The Evil That Men Do"... that track sounds like a wicked ass symphony from hell :)... and "Hello Zepp" is EPIC (very goddamn impressive).

Offline Fear 2 Stop®

• The Grapes of Wrath make TERRIBLE juice
    • View Profile
    • Fear 2 Stop
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: Music Generator 2
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 05:27:51 pm »
Love the piano opening on The Evil That Men Do (great title, btw). Would work great on a Resident Evil game (the REAL ones with zombies, not the overrated shit they put out now lol)

Hello Zepp- Great intro as usual that for some reason makes me think of something from the Metroid series. I LOVE the plucked bass samples. Beat is awesome once it comes in. Great use of the deep space EP softsynth sample.

Is The Catalyst a cover? It shows up as Linkin Park in Winamp, so not sure. I don't listen to current music so I wouldn't know, but sounds good regardless. Interested in seeing how this turns out. Good sample choices.

If you wrote Manacles while having dinner, I wanna know what you were eating!

Great work all around...keep it up!

Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

Offline Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

• Advanced Member
  • Epicore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 07:14:38 pm »
A big thank you to Z n F2S for the comments. Really glad you liked em guys.

@F2S - thanks alot m8. With the Evil That Men Do it was one of the classic Knowlesy " hmmm I dunno " I think that with the number of segments and changes I didn't really know what to make of it. Most tracks I do have a repetitive main melody or chord progression with one or more layered melodys to keep up the interest. But it has really grown on me.

Zepp - I'd really have to agree here , my favourite part is just after the intro with the plucked bass. I was really going for the sort of pluck cello sound to build into the string section.

Catalyst - Yeh its a cover mate , its pretty much the ending of the song. The whole throw is pads and sfx which should'nt (I hope) be to hard I just wanted to make sure I could actually get the sound for the synth. Sat with my guitar an tabbed it out on youtube , so I really was'nt sure if it was accurate lol.

Manacles - lol I was eating Pizza...and it was good...got a bit cold towards the end.  :(

Offline Fear 2 Stop®

• The Grapes of Wrath make TERRIBLE juice
    • View Profile
    • Fear 2 Stop
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: Music Generator 2
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 08:07:48 pm »
Manacles - lol I was eating Pizza...and it was good...got a bit cold towards the end.

LMFAO...I was eating pizza while I was listening to it. Synergy!
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

Offline Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

• Advanced Member
  • Epicore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 08:35:13 pm »
Manacles - lol I was eating Pizza...and it was good...got a bit cold towards the end.

LMFAO...I was eating pizza while I was listening to it. Synergy!

Just goes to show , crazy mofos think alike  8)

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games