This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: Beyond the Pain is Beauty  (Read 306 times)

Offline Casper AudioGhost

• this is me and connie at a video game convention
    • View Profile
    • my net label
Beyond the Pain is Beauty
« on: March 17, 2011, 01:39:52 am »
hi-i've been sick lately but i still keep up with the site-this is a track i made about a month ago-hope u enjoy it----casper

Offline DJ Eddy

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: Music 2002 Club Edition Slinky
Re: Beyond the Pain is Beauty
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 02:37:07 pm »
Great track Casper...the blipping melody near the intro is very cool.
Nice hi-hat workidge and heavy clap.
What didi you make this on m8?.

Cool stuff man sounds really good. thnx.

Offline Casper AudioGhost

• this is me and connie at a video game convention
    • View Profile
    • my net label
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 03:27:01 pm »
thx eddy:)i made this with jeskola buzz-the main melody is a vsti plugin called ZynAddSubFx-it's actually a stand alone synth freeware that has been converted to a vsti with a wrapper-it has some fantastic stock presets-all the rest are native buzz effects and instrument plugins including 303 bass synths,808 and 909 style drum machines-the pad is a preset from zynaddsubfx called long space choir and i have routed it thru a pitch shifter effect plugin to give it a broad sound-also used sonic reverb plugin,combo delay,stereo box pro on max bass preset,peer lfo for bassline cutoff control,and oomek exiter for a little EQ sweetening on some parts---cheers    casper
edit--i forgot to include one effects plugin that is essential in many of my buzz tracks-fsm wahpro 2-a filter box with about 80 presets that can make sweeps of varying textures for that trippy sound
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 10:45:30 pm by Casper AudioGhost »

Offline Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

• Advanced Member
  • Epicore!
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: MUSIC 2000 - PS
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 12:24:50 pm »
First of Cas , hope your feeling better mate.

Listening -

Love the intro strings really nice work em...an a lovely helping of synths.
I really like the lower one taking the bass role , but then the lighter one playing the melody is just as awesome.
The drum work compliments the other sounds so well , it reminds of a kind of laid back dance styled track like Robert Miles - Children.

I really liked this one Cas. Cheers mate.

Offline .:DJ Droppin:.

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 02:58:07 pm »
I commented on this song on your Facebook, but I shall again! The intro pads are so airy, dreamy.... Nicely placed. The synth buzzing away and beat.... Very catchy and VERY Casper. Extremely clean production. Nice work!
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games