This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: Claustrophobia In The Fire  (Read 349 times)

Offline RSCONCEPTIONS©

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • RSCONCEPTIONS
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: FruityLoops
Claustrophobia In The Fire
« on: February 22, 2011, 04:49:07 pm »
Here is my remix of Lava Reef Zone act 1 music from Sonic & Knuckles!

Not sure if it is finished or not...ideas?

Offline Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

• Advanced Member
  • Epicore!
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: MUSIC 2000 - PS
Re: Claustrophobia In The Fire
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 09:58:29 pm »
Loading...(sorry to say I've never heard this before in my life) - Listening

Wow . Ok the beginning Rikki , I hope you don't mind me saying is like funfair music...but really cool dream sequence fun fair music.
Silence -
Ooo ok , the sort of blinky reverby thing with the very subtle pads - brilliant...here come the drums...very the relaxing.
A sort of glockenspiel melody over this bliss with a slight sprinkle of reverb.
Pause - (reverby blinky synth thing ? is still goin ) ...oh nice drums :) ...this is just so good....more reverby glockenspiel and a
touch of strings.
That was seriously amazing.

P.S What software do you use , Is it hard , And ow long does it take you to write your material ?

Offline RSCONCEPTIONS©

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • RSCONCEPTIONS
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: FruityLoops
Re: Claustrophobia In The Fire
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 12:36:22 am »
Thanks for your feedback Knowlesy :D

I can see what you mean by fun fair music.
That blinky reverb thing is supposed to be a harp :P

Thank you! I wasn't sure how it would be received since it is such a change from the original but I like how it has become a relaxed but tense piece... I like to think it reflects the claustrophobic, overwhelming-heat sense one might get if one was Sonic, running through the Lava Reef Zone.

I use FruityLoops Studio 9, and I find it easy but then I've given time to it. I did progress from Music 2000 straight to FruityLoops. It can take any amount of time, depending on the originality of the piece (in this case, it was a cover, so all the melodies were written), length, depth/simplicity, production requirement, arrangement preferences, what instruments/samples/synths you use.
You can hear the original here

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games