This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: Rage Without Reason [SYNTHPOP, GAME]  (Read 445 times)

Offline J-MACHine

• Advanced Member
  • Mr. Synth 'n Beat
    • View Profile
    • Random Lunacy
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: Music 2000
Rage Without Reason [SYNTHPOP, GAME]
« on: February 08, 2011, 05:23:21 pm »
Struggled with this track for a while, in that i had the Chorus melody and all of the chords sorted out, but no melody for the verse. Managed to nail it today, though. All in all i reckon the tracks taken about 4 or 5 hours spread over about a month or so, counting the two hours of final additions, touch ups, volume mixing and whatnot. I reckon this features one of the best basslines I've thrown together in a while, the tune being played both using a meaty synthpop sounding sample mix, and a more acid-styled one, bouncing between the two and playing at the same time occasionally, backed by some dreamy synths and drums that alternate/mix between a "real" drumkit with some Tam/Hat licks and a Digital-Drum-Esque type beat.

Enjoy!

Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

Offline ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

• Advanced Member
  • "This is Life, This is Death, This is HORRORCORE"
    • View Profile
    • www.soundclick.com
Re: Rage Without Reason [SYNTHPOP, GAME]
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 06:31:52 am »
dis is some pro shit j.  im luvin dat groovy tune in the background, and those melodies with da synth and bass are killer.  keep it up bro...dis track is sick

Offline J-MACHine

• Advanced Member
  • Mr. Synth 'n Beat
    • View Profile
    • Random Lunacy
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 02:55:23 pm »
Cheers, ZoDiaC, glad you liked the bassline!

Offline Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

• Advanced Member
  • Epicore!
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: MUSIC 2000 - PS
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 02:20:51 am »
Just reading your discription and waiting for the song to load...should be a treat.

Here. We. Go...
In with hi-hats and strings...a VERY meaty bass and a pause. Love the guitar ...a real guitar funk/rock sound to it , Hendrix on the intro of voodoo chile. Here comes a the drums...I'm loving that bass line with the effect on it and the synths n strings it just gives it some kind of new age funk rock sound it.
Brilliant change up at 1:56...as a bassist I LOVE 2:25 its like a mini bass solo , an just how how the synth an the guitar compliment the bass...wonderful :)
Alot of groove to this track , brilliant sounding melodies. The change up to the "digi-drum" was a really nice addition.
Well J , done it again...another brilliant track...had he been alive today , this is the music that Hendrix woulda played on Sega Megadrive...an epic image itself.

Offline J-MACHine

• Advanced Member
  • Mr. Synth 'n Beat
    • View Profile
    • Random Lunacy
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 02:03:48 pm »
Cheers man! Hahaha, glad the bass got you grooving, and that the funky guitar wasn't too out of place in what is predominately a synthpop styled track.

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games