This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: Hell Garden [With A Beat (Full On)] [DARK AMBIENT, BEAT]  (Read 396 times)

Offline J-MACHine

• Advanced Member
  • Mr. Synth 'n Beat
    • View Profile
    • Random Lunacy
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: Music 2000
Hell Garden [With A Beat (Full On)] [DARK AMBIENT, BEAT]
« on: November 28, 2010, 10:47:06 pm »
I'm in a rush, so i've got to be breif, i'm afraid. This is one of three new pieces for a project i'm working on.

Another of the Hell Garden pieces, although this one is a lot more beat driven then the last one. This one is instead planned for usage in warped Mountain Pass' and Caves, so as well as the twisted, disjointed feel that the HG pieces are supposed to have, i wanted to still have them reflect the same 'adventurous' music i will be putting together for the normal area's. Instead of looped percussion and weird SFX, i instead carried over the same two synth chords- the only consistant sound in every single HG song- and implamented a pair of junked riffs from another song, and muddled about with them a bit, adding samples together to produce sounds that are subtly kind of off, and panned them left and right, on top of the drum-machine beat. The song is disjointed and a little 'off' in another way, although bare in mind, again, it was entirely intentional. You'll have too listen to it to notice it.

Enjoy!

Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

Offline Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

• Advanced Member
  • Epicore!
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: MUSIC 2000 - PS
Re: Hell Garden [With A Beat (Full On)] [DARK AMBIENT, BEAT]
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 11:21:21 pm »
Like the pads - the tribal-like-drums are a nice addition.
The main melody again just fits , once heard you couldnt imagine anything else.
I love the change @ 1:43...this is gonna be one of these melodys you can't get out ur head.
The zappy-lazer noises that play along with drums are great...would never thought of using like that.
Again J - awesome stuff.

Offline J-MACHine

• Advanced Member
  • Mr. Synth 'n Beat
    • View Profile
    • Random Lunacy
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 07:12:36 pm »
Cheers! Yeah, i quite like the use of all the extra percussion, as well. And actually, it's the first time i've mixed a zap sample with a kick drum. I might do it more often though.

Offline Fear 2 Stop®

• The Grapes of Wrath make TERRIBLE juice
    • View Profile
    • Fear 2 Stop
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: Music Generator 2
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 08:50:40 am »
Holy shitballs this is bad ass. Knowlsey's right...those were some killer sounds.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

Offline J-MACHine

• Advanced Member
  • Mr. Synth 'n Beat
    • View Profile
    • Random Lunacy
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 05:36:06 pm »
Cheers, F2S!

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games