This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: Drifted  (Read 502 times)

Offline s p a c e b a r

• Members
    • View Profile
Drifted
« on: October 02, 2010, 03:45:49 pm »
Drifted - 4:23 -

okay, now the track is attached -
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 09:46:05 pm by s p a c e b a r »

if your never there, your never in

Offline Koolassjoe

• Advanced Member
  • Expression > Expectation
    • View Profile
    • www.soundclick.com/koolassjoe
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: MTVMG1 for PS1
Re: Drifted
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 05:18:23 am »
Feeling this. Very mellow.

Offline Fear 2 Stop®

• The Grapes of Wrath make TERRIBLE juice
    • View Profile
    • Fear 2 Stop
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: Music Generator 2
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 07:52:06 am »
Cool!!! I love the reverse echo fx, and how the synth piano comes in all unexpectedly. What did you use for the bass? That was a really good sound.

Love this...gonna do some music tonight now.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

Offline s p a c e b a r

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 12:53:42 pm »
i used the bowow bass sound, either in electric or synth bass - im thinking of going back and changing a few things in this piece. It seems when i adjust the sample start of a riff unintentional clicky sounds result, especially in the middle and lower octaves. 
if your never there, your never in

Offline RSCONCEPTIONS©

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • RSCONCEPTIONS
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: FruityLoops
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 08:11:37 pm »
I know what you mean about the clicky sounds... it is a drawback of MUSIC, I think a suitable work around is SLIGHTLY altering the ADSR envelope on each note so the ATTACK is quick but smooth, not quite so instant...I dunno?
I love this piece. I actually think the clicks add a nice effect, if unintentional, reminds me very much of the start of Aphex Twin's "Yellow Calx" - this whole tune does actually.

All the warm and soft melodies blend together so well, even though some of them are a bit out of the blue, random or have an agenda of their own - I think that is what makes the technique work and blend so well.

Offline Fear 2 Stop®

• The Grapes of Wrath make TERRIBLE juice
    • View Profile
    • Fear 2 Stop
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: Music Generator 2
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 08:14:15 pm »
The clicking was accidental? lol...I just wasted a couple of hours trying to imitate that ;D

Actually feel it served the song well.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games