This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: Have you met my imaginary friend UboaaaaAAAAAAあああああ?  (Read 605 times)

Offline J-MACHine

• Advanced Member
  • Mr. Synth 'n Beat
    • View Profile
    • Random Lunacy
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: Music 2000
It's short, sweet, not massivly technical. nor does it push the boundries; this was more or less a test to see just how well writing a number of samples onto a rewriteable CD would work, as M2K can be a bit quirky with rewritables, and i've had problems with them in the past. Thankfully, i lucked out, and it worked like a charm.

The song is acctually a slightly twisted remix of a song used in the freeware indie game, Yume Nikki (meaning Drwam Diary), which can be found in the youtube link below. It acctually samples the original track, mixing in a number of SFX and Vocals, including some found within M2K's library, and some i collected from the web, set to a slow beat. This track is acctually intended to be part of an ongoing project wherein i plan to remix a number of tracks from the game into an album, purely because i absolutely adore the game, from it's open-ended nature and it's bizzare characters to it's music which, whilst all generally being very short loops (and some being simply one droning note), which is a little dissapointing, never the less manages to fit the games atmosphere to a T, and can be either haunting and beautiful, or downright suspenceful.

I should note that the track also incorperates snippets of a little melody that can acctually be played by the lead character on one of the games items- or "effects"- a flute. You can hear some of the little snippets of melody that you can play on the flute at the end of the second video, which also provides a couple of short examples of some of the music the game has to offer including one of my favorite BGM's in the game; the music that plays in the room in which you get the flute. Oh, sure, it's a 8-Bit chiptune sounding track, but it is never the less one of the most memorable songs in the game. And another song i plan to ReMix sometime in the future.

In any case, you've heard enough of me waffling and gushing about a game i love that i get the feeling nobody else really will; Enjoy!

Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

Offline Fear 2 Stop®

• The Grapes of Wrath make TERRIBLE juice
    • View Profile
    • Fear 2 Stop
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: Music Generator 2
Re: Have you met my imaginary friend UboaaaaAAAAAAあああああ?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 09:29:58 pm »
Cool...will check this out tonight when I get back home from work!
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games