This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.
All topics with missing song links are marked as "locked" to make it easier to find working download and streaming links.

You might still be able to find missing songs on Youtube, Soundcloud or other music websites if you search by artist name and song title.

Author Topic: Thames  (Read 835 times)

Offline J-MACHine

• Advanced Member
  • Mr. Synth 'n Beat
    • View Profile
    • Random Lunacy
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: Music 2000
Thames
« on: August 21, 2009, 01:05:09 am »
Yes, i do still do a ton of 'game' music for little idea's of mine, and projects i have been hired for. But i sahn't go into to much detail unless people specificlly ask me to.

In spite of the name Thames, and the fact that the song did indeed come from a mental picture of the river Thames at night (One of the few things about London i DON'T dislike), this is acctually something that's being used for one of the levels in an idustrial-themed world. The general composition idea i wanted for this world was funk/acid jazz with a Disco vibe. Weather or not i pulled it off well or not i can't tell.

This acctually originally came about as nothing more then mucking around with a song a mate of mine had started. It was more or less just Softy Loop with an echo effect applied to the track (which i kept). I just messed about with the samples, built upon it, and added in a bass and a melody. Think it only took me about a day or two at the most.
My favorite element is the Long Horn sample used in one of the Horn sections. Because i'd mixed in a Synth Sample which blended with it icnredibly well. I just wish i could remember what it was.

Enjoy!

Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

Offline TPT

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://tpt.webeden.co.uk/
Re: Thames
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 07:26:59 am »
Wow. Relaxed and groovy :) Fantastic stuff!
Very impressive.

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games