This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: Roland TR-909  (Read 902 times)

Offline DaveM

• Members
    • View Profile
Roland TR-909
« on: March 04, 2009, 07:57:31 am »
The Roland TR-909 is a legendary sampler and sequenzer from the 80s. And I have read, that Music 2000 contains the original samples of it. The legendary techno sample machine costs 1500-2000 € on the second hand market. And a lot of sounds I have heard are really the same. If it is true, that this is the same, we can say we are good by collecting our money with Music 2000.
 ;D

Offline Fear 2 Stop®

• The Grapes of Wrath make TERRIBLE juice
    • View Profile
    • Fear 2 Stop
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: Music Generator 2
Re: Roland TR-909
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 08:46:27 am »
Yeah, you're right. And actually, I find myself spending an inorbinate amount of time editing samples to sound like analogue synths.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

JCW

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 08:48:49 am »
I've been searching for a cheap keyboard, no luck so far but my melodies will be greater when I find one.

Offline Irndemon

• "Jungle"
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 09:30:55 am »
 :) And also sounds of the legendary Roland TB-303..... Put the two together & we have Acid techno!  :D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 09:34:35 am by Irndemon »

Offline stonecold

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 12:31:00 pm »
Also there are 606 and 808 sounds on here as well. One of the 808 claps is spot on(il check back later with a sample name) and 'formant' sounds like a meatier 808 kick but has a long bass tail which can cause probs getting a bassline to sit nice over it.

The 'wanna dance' sample is a 909 sound. Very 80's!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 12:33:59 pm by stonecold »
I'd rather be a nobody, than a somebody who 'nearly' made it.
http://uk.youtube.com/user/wdivi

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games