This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: Getting a real good snaredrum sample  (Read 670 times)

Offline DaveM

• Members
    • View Profile
Getting a real good snaredrum sample
« on: February 09, 2009, 11:11:28 am »
Hello!

I had already told you in another thread, that in my opinion it's very difficult to find a really good snaredrum. Because if you want to make a real good song, maybe to public it must sound amazing! And I found a combination of two snaredrums, which connect their sounds to one amazing snaredrum. Of course it's only my feeling of a good snaredrum.

But I think it's almost a good secret to show you that, because you can't tell people all of your tricks to make your own sound. But here I want to break my habits:

All samples of course in 44 khz. Load Snaredrum "SPLASHY" to your list. Pull the volume down to 50%. Then load the snaredrum "SHORTHISS" to another slot of your list. Don't change its sound. Then copy "SHORTHISS" and mix it 1:1 to the "SPLASHY".

Now hear if you like this. I think this is a really good professional snare sample now without loading from an audio CD!

JCW

Re: Getting a real good snaredrum sample
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 11:23:25 am »
I'll have to check this out but nice find DaveM.

Offline Irndemon

• "Jungle"
    • View Profile
    • youtube
Re: Getting a real good snaredrum sample
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 09:47:21 pm »
 Definitely gonna check this out,...Us Drum n Bass boys love a good snare layering combo!!  :D

Another Very good combo is:

"Ultra Gate" .......On octave 5..... first white key......Long release volume envelope setting.

Layered with:

"909 Open Hat"..........On octave 4........Fourth white key up........Short gate volume envelope setting.

Sound GREAT using yellow note on all....... "ROOM" Reverb setting anywhere between 30 & 40 Both stats.

Gives a hard,Clean, Metal,Techstep.. type sound  ;D

Any more snare or kickdrum combos,Or complete custom built Kits......We would like to hear them!!!!!! Seriously  :)

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games