This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: Better spambot protection installed  (Read 566 times)

Offline DJ_Omnimaga

• The Game.
  • Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Omnimaga: The Coders of Tomorrow
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: MTV Music Generator (A.K.A Music 2000)
Better spambot protection installed
« on: December 11, 2008, 10:16:21 pm »
The other spambot protection that I installed about a month ago was a modification using a script and files hosted on the author website. Because of that, whenever their server was down, nobody could register on any forum using their mod and for people with slow connections they were often forced to reload the register page until it loads completly, not to mention sometimes the CAPTCHA included was ridiculously hard to solve. So now I added a new mod that requires you to type additional informations on the register page. First you will be asked to type "TIMGUL" (without the quotes) in a field and then asked 2+2, which you alerady know the awnser. Hopefully this will continue stopping spambots like the other mod did but without registration problems.

Omnimaga/TIMGUL founder and former TI-83+/84+ BASIC/Hybrid/Axe programmer

http://i-lost-the-ga.me

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games