This forum section is in read-only mode and contains posts made on TIMGUL between October 2007 and July 2011 (all posts made after that period and during Spring 2009 were lost). In order to continue the discussion, we encourage you to make a new account at CodeWalrus and recreate your topic there. If you want to login to your old TIMGUL account, click here (you can logout here). (More info about what happened)

* WalrusIRC Shoutbox (Support and development thread)

This shoutbox is not available from this forum section. However, you can access it via IRC at #CodeWalrus on EFnet network.

Author Topic: Savefile  (Read 685 times)

Offline DarkBliss

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Savefile
« on: November 13, 2008, 06:59:59 pm »
Hey, has anyone been able to download any of my tunes lately?
I have them saved on Savefile.com but for some reason I haven`t been able to access them for the past few days.
I`ve just tried downloading Quade`s new tunes (he`s on Savefile too) and the links aren`t working so I`m worried I`ll have to upload all my tracks on to a different hosting site which will be a pain in the arse!
I just hope it`s a temporary problem with the settings on my computer or something.

"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

Offline Not a Number

• Advanced Member
  • If I was "normal", I wouldn't be left-handed.
    • View Profile
    • NaN - Not a Number
Re: Savefile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 08:17:04 pm »
Chances are if the file's not been downloaded for a certain amount of time (usually 30 days), it gets deleted off the server.

I use MegaUpload for its longer keep (90 days), but this is usually for temporary stuff that I might not give away later (by forgetting its existance, so to speak) but for more permanent stuff while my site's server is on its troubles, I use MediaFire, as even if you're not a member, your file is never deleted off the server. The only downside to this is if you're not a member (which I'm not) you HAVE to know the URL as it's a randomly generated code.

Offline DarkBliss

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 08:43:17 pm »
Yeah, I pay a monthly subscribtion to Savefile to keep my music up there so that wasn`t the problem.

I was using Firefox before so I tried Internet Explorer instead and everything seems to be working fine now, I can get to Savefile no problem! Weird!

Thanks for your help though NAN.
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

Offline Not a Number

• Advanced Member
  • If I was "normal", I wouldn't be left-handed.
    • View Profile
    • NaN - Not a Number
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 09:50:07 pm »
See, at home I wouldn't touch IE if you paid me. And since I'm not allowed to get Firefox at work, I  have to use IE instead.

And since I get paid at work.... 8D

Offline DJ_Omnimaga

• The Game.
  • Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Omnimaga: The Coders of Tomorrow
  • Favorite Music Creation Software: MTV Music Generator (A.K.A Music 2000)
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 11:24:32 pm »
Savefiles is shit now. it used to be good but now it's really slow and unreliable. I really recommend against using it for now. I recommend Mediafire until it becomes crap too
Omnimaga/TIMGUL founder and former TI-83+/84+ BASIC/Hybrid/Axe programmer

http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Offline Gypsum23

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 07:05:08 pm »
I own a rapidshare account so links aren't deleted, I'll be happy to upload tracks if anyone wants them hosted there. I'm going to move my tracks to there soon.

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games